The G-ST-P/S profile gasket illustrates the technological progress of KROLL & ZILLER. The basic concept is shown in the graphic illustration of the gasket cross-section. The ball shaped G-ST main body is combined with a round cord ring. This “O-ring” is the most static sealing element. The performance of this O-ring is almost miraculous even without a cost-intensive groove. The G-ST-P/S profile gasket combines the advantages of its individual parts. High surface pressures transmitted from the main force of the flow are absorbed by the rigid ball-shaped G-ST gasket. The flat steel-ring is corrosion protected by being vulcanized in. It also absorbs with ease the required test pressure. The round cord ring lying parallel to the main force of the flow is ideally compressed against the sealing faces even at low surface pressures. Irregularities and grooves, even slight misalignments are compensated; [as well as insensitivity to the necessary minimum tightening torques during installation which spares the material.] A degree of operating reliability, never before reached, is assured. Once in position this gasket is sealed tight!
These advantages are especially important in the case of a flange joint on thermoplastic pipes (PVC, PE, PP, PVDF).
G-ST-profile gaskets type G-ST-P/S offers the following advantages in use:
- easy installation
- sealing under minimum bolt tightening
- compensation for surface imperfections
- the design of flanges and bolts can be more lightweight
- durability of plastic connections is considerably higher
- angle differences can be compensated for more easily compared to simple flat gaskets
- expensive machining of round cord ring groove or new threading on the flange is unnecessary
- wide sealing surface area
- rectangular instead of round cross-section near the O-ring
Kroll & Ziller’s G-ST line comes in a variety of materials to suit almost any need.
- FPM-S – Temp. tmax. -4 to +392 degrees F, Shore -A-hardness 80 (+/-5)
- EPDM – Temp. tmax. -22 to +248 degrees F, Shore -A-hardness 70 (+/-5), FDA Approved
- NBR – Temp. tmax. -13 to +158 degrees F, Shore -A-hardness 80 (+/-5), FDA Approved
- HNBR – Temp. tmax. -4 to +302 degrees F, Shore -A-hardness 75 (+/-5)
- CSM – Temp. tmax. -4 to +248 degrees F, Shore -A-hardness 70 (+/-5)
- NR – Temp. tmax. -13 to +158 degrees F, Shore -A-hardness 60 (+/-5
- IIR – Temp. tmax. -13 to +248 degrees F, Shore -A-hardness 55 (+/-5)
- CR – Temp. tmax. -13 to +203 degrees F, Shore -A-hardness 63 (+/-5)